Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Embracing Change: From Breakdown to Breakthrough

From Breakdown to Breakthrough

It's amazing how quickly things can change. I can go from breaking down and crying to feeling like a weight has been lifted off me and being happy! On June 25th, I broke down and sat in all of my emotions one last time, letting go of Ben and allowing him to move on with his life. Oddly enough, I have him to thank for helping me reach closure. He knew he upset me and felt bad. Later on, I found out that he had texted a good friend of mine and told him that he needed to call me. In that conversation, my friend Kevin reminded me that he was turning 50 on July 5th and suggested it would be a perfect time to get away and take a break from it all. The next day, I spontaneously booked a flight to Colorado Springs for the long 4th of July weekend.

It seems that from that moment forward, things started to fall into place! I applied for a new job and my interview was last week on Tuesday, July 2nd at 9:00 a.m. By 12:00 noon, I was offered the position and accepted, and put in my two-week notice on the spot! That evening, I had my paint and sip event that had been planned, and it turned out to be the best group I've had. They really enjoyed themselves. In fact, I had two sets of couples ask if I would come to their home and do a paint and sip there sometime. I was on a roll of saying yes for the day, so I said yes! Now, I have a lead on a side hustle that I think can work out to be cool and fun! I was walking on cloud nine! I was so happy and felt so alive and ready for a new start. My trip to Colorado Springs was so needed and so awesome! I'm ready to move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment