Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Reflecting on a Year of Change

It will be one year since Ben and I ended our six-year relationship. At first, I thought I was doing well, but lately, it feels like I'm back to square one. It's frustrating and disheartening; sometimes, I don't know how to cope.

Being alone has its perks, but it also has its downsides. I don't want to be alone forever. I long for the companionship of someone to come home to, to talk to, and to cuddle with while watching a funny show. It's the little things I miss the most.

Despite these feelings, I'm managing. Most of the time, I'm okay by myself. There are great things about being alone, like the freedom to do what I want, when I want, and the time to focus on myself. But at the same time, it's tough not having someone to share life's moments with.

Lately, I've found myself slipping back into old habits of distraction, avoiding quiet times so I don't dwell on thoughts of the past. It's a constant battle to stay present and not let those memories overwhelm me.

I know this is just a phase, and it will pass. Healing isn't straightforward, and it's okay to have setbacks. I'm trying to be kind to myself and take things one day at a time. Here's hoping that the coming months bring more clarity, peace, and some new beginnings.




No comments:

Post a Comment