Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Only a concert?



Music to a mother’s heart

My ears ring with good noise flowing in and out…
My heart aches with happiness and hope....

The words that came from my daughters mouth that were expressed with deep emotion were her truth. Her truth came from the inside out. My face smiled but my heart leapt with joy as I watched my daughter and listened to her. If I wasn’t so happy I probably would of cried happy tears.

Sometimes I feel like I repeat myself often and that no one hears. I wonder if some of the “seed” I’ve planted has taken root yet. I’m realizing now that God has been there nurturing the “seeds” in my daughter’s heart.

Different things can trigger growth in someone. It could be a memory, a word spoken, an action expressed, a soothing scent, a glance around or a song. A song sung out loudly with so many people crammed into a room with bright lights.

A concert…

The whole atmosphere can be powerful and through it all God can be there beside you holding your hand, working inside you as you enjoy the music. My daughter may have attended a concert and enjoyed the music and fellowship with her friends but she walked away with a new thought in her head and a new message written on her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment