Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wilted Flowers



I woke up cheerful, content, and happy....okay and a little sleepy too.  I had to get up early and get Karlee out the door to camp early this morning but just the same I was bright and cheerful.  As the morning worn on I began to find myself fading and drooping, my emotions were tugging at my heart and with that came the nagging thoughts and desires.

I left the parking lot of the church feeling cared for.  God is good.  God always provides.  When he sees a need, he fills it.  I had something dragging underneath the front of the my van.  Several people had came up to me to let me know.  I was talking with a friend, waiting to see all the kids off for the week.  It was nice to talk to her, we really don't get to see each other often.  The conversation lead me to share my struggles, which is fine, she was there, she listened and encouraged me.  But I began to feel my heart sink.

I looked away from her to look towards my van, noticing a few people standing over there.  I walked over to find a friend of mine, husband under my van getting dirty taping up with duct tape the stuff that had been dragging.  I quickly went over to my friend that I had just been talking with and told her what was going on and she took my hand and quickly walked me over to the van and smiled and said well we will need to brush him off when he is done.  This was a simple act of kindness but it meant big things to me and brought wetness to my eyes that I held back quite nicely.

I soon left my daughter and headed home to have some quite time with the Lord and then get ready for church.  I left once again feeling happy but with a quite reserve feeling.  I walked into church greeting others with smiles and hugs.  Then the feelings came, I looked around at other couples and could see how close they were to each other, showing their love for one another, with a gentle touch, or a hand on his shoulder, or his arm around her.  Music began, I love worship music but it can really tug at my heart when I have things going on.  I got through the first two songs alright.  We sat down for the third one.  I looked over and saw my friends husband put his hand on her knee.  I had to get up, I headed to the bathroom.  I grabbed a few tissues and paced the floor trying to gain control.  I took a deep breath when I thought I was ready and then heading back in.  I sat for a few minutes, this song was powerful.....I couldn't do it.  I couldn't sit in church by myself for another moment.  I got up and headed to the van, and bursted out into a full blown cry!

With a good cry under my belt, I headed to the craft store to walk around.

I got back in to go home and saw my once cheerful, bright, pretty flowers all wilted.  I felt like those wilted flowers so it was perfect.....

But God is good and he gives his children strength and peace.   Thank you Lord.

(Micah at work, Karlee on her way to camp, Dillon out and about, Kyle at home, Sara at a friends house....)
Me alone, but not really becaue Jesus is there carrying the wilted flowers with tender loving care...so thankful

1 comment:

  1. God is collecting all your tears. . . He is with you always to comfort and be what you need. Keep leaning on Him. I hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete