Sunday, June 29, 2014

VBS was a success!

Last week I helped again with VBS at my church.  This year instead of doing crafts, I was the encouragment cordinator.  Big title but only a small part of it all.  I went around handing out little treats with cards and bible verses.  It was fun!  I enjoyed making the cards and handing out the treats, they were all very well recieved.

I did have a friend surprise me with a pair of ear rings that she made.  They are pretty and it was a great surprise.  She said that I was giving so much that I needed to receive a little too.

On the other side of VBS was life of course! As always, it was busy, taking this one here and that one there.

Micah has been busy working and working and working

I started donating plasma.  It helps others and it helps me with a little money in my pocket.  Dillon is also doing it too.

Several weeks ago my small group and I had put together some "blessing bags" to give out to the needy that we come across while we are out and about town.  My son was the first one to give one out and after he was done he simply said "That felt good!"  I was excited to see his reaction, thank you Jesus.  Sara also gave one out and with same affect on her too.  (Big Smiles)  I have given a few out too, and the people that have been given one are very excited.  As I pull away from them and continue on my way they quickly open the bag to investigate its contents.

Yesterday my thoughts were not pure as Sara spoke of an arguement with her friend.  It left me feeling irritated, hurt and frustrated.  But when I went to read an emailed devotional, this was the verse and it fit perfect.  Its great how God works and uses things to get our attention and re-direct our thoughts back to where they need to be, with Him.
       Ephesieans 6:16  Above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.


About two hours ago I just saw my daughter, Karlee off to San Dieago with two other girls, 7 boys and 4 leaders to Hume Lake Camp!  I'm so excited for them.  I pray that God will work in their hearts and help them to draw closer to Him.


Now I will get ready to head out the door to church and enjoy worship, fellowship and a good sermon to continue with my day.

Tuesday, I start a new job, at Heritage Assistant Living House.  I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment