Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unexpected Surprise

Yesterday started out like any other day.  I went to work.  Micah went to another court date for Dillon.  I get a text from Micah with about 30 minutes left of work and it said that Dillon was being released.

It took all day long but Micah finally brought him home around 4:30, to be greeted with hugs from Kyle & Sara (I had met up with Micah at the jail earlier in the day and got my hug then)  They were happy to see him.

The first thing Dillon had said when we had seen him was how weird it felt wearing clothing again and shoes.  I also don't think he will wear the color yellow for a long time.

I picked up Karlee from volleyball practice and she had a good day.  I had decided not to say anything to her and let her discover herself that Dillon was home.  We get home and I couldn't help it, I had her put her stuff down and then asked her to follow me upstairs.  I said I'd like her to meet a new member of our family.....and opened the boys bedroom door.

Karlee was surprised and a huge hug was exchanged by both.  It brought on watery eyes for a brief moment.

Micah took Dillon out for a one on one dinner and I fixed french bread pizza for the rest of us.

Micah was happy his boy was home.

(He is out on pretrial services, meaning he has to follow whatever they set up and if he does well then when he is sentenced on September 30th he will more than likely get probation.  If he doesn't comply then he will get some prison time)

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying that his new faith continues to grow even though he will once again have access to his old habits, friends, and comforts. I am glad that he is home and that so much mending of relationships has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers! Nothing like being home, I'm sure his heart is happy to be with his family.

    ReplyDelete