Sunday, December 11, 2011

I know and I thank you

I was looking through a pile of notebooks and papers in the closet today and I came across a folder that had sheets of papers in it.  It was a folder that I had started to collect things that I had written during a rocky phase of my life.  I looked through the folder and began reading the things I wrote ten years ago.  Wow ten years ago seems odd because as I read some of them I'm taken back to what seemed like just yesterday.

I found this that I had written on November 3, 2001.  It has more meaning to it now than when it was written because now I can look back and see God's hand in my life when maybe at the time I didn't know he was there as much as I know now.( and want him there)  I've grown spiritually since that day but just the same I think it speaks so much and wanted to share it here with you.

11-03-01
I know...and I thank you

I know you are there
You have given me your knowledge

I know you are there
You have given me your strength

I know you are there 
You have given me your protection

I know you are there
You have given me your hope

I know you are there
You have given me your kindness
Your joy
Your love

I know you are there
You have given me your life

Thank you

I know you are there Lord and you have been with me in my life when I...didn't know it....when I didn't think I needed you....and when I really needed you.  Thank you Lord for never leaving me and always being there.  You are my rock and I lean on you for all my needs. 

I know you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment