Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hindsight Reflections

With the new year around the corner I can't help but think about this past year.  Thinking about joys, blessings, and bumps in the road.  That is when I really started to think about things way back in the past and started to reflect on the lessons taken from hindsight.

When looking back into a situation I can see the detour sign that I missed and wished I had taken the other one instead of the route I picked.  But looking back I can see the hand of God no matter of the choice I did make.   I won't go into detail here of all the detours I made because its the moment now and the future forward to rejoice in.  I learned from the detours and I was never alone.  I was being cared for by my Lord and Savior.  I was being comforted in knowing that he would never place to much on my plate for me to handle.  I was being lead by the greatest most powerful, all knowing, all loving leader.  Leading me where I needed to accomplish the most right (Godly) result in the end.

Despite anything I learned in hindsight the greatest comfort was knowing God was there.  I have experienced the pain and discomfort that learning in hindsight can bring but through the pain I was comforted and found peace.  Once again sending full credit and praise upward to the heavens above.
Thank you Lord for all the trials, situations, bumps, detours, and circumstances that I traveled through this past year.   
They were hidden blessings discovered in hindsight.
 
Shall not He who lead me safely through the footsteps of this day lead with equal understanding all along my future way? (Adams)

God's guidance in the past gives courage for the future. (Our Daily Bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment