Friday, June 25, 2010

Always Hope

The last several days have not been all that wonderful. Sure the normal little things of life have been there with the kids, things needing to get done around the house but there have been other things going on lately that had sort of dimmed the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you ever had a situation that starts with one thing and then harsh words are exchanged and then before you know it what started out with one thing ends up to really be about several other things and by this point things are at their ugliest? I think it would be safe for all of us to answer yes. Situations like that seem to happen so easily and quickly when we are in our selfish mode, don't stop to listen, don't pay attention to the little red flags of warning popping up to tell us to walk away and chill out for a bit then go back and talk it out later.

Life is full of moments that are ugly and I know that those are the moments I need to pay attention to and really look at to learn and grow from despite how many tears I shed out of sadness, brokenness, frustrations and remorse.

These last few days I have learned more about being patient and still, to listen with my heart, to look at myself to redirect back to the center where the true counselor in my life is, and to be humble and ask for forgiveness from the ones that was in my path of ugliness.

During the most desperate feeling of being alone in that dark tunnel it didn't take long to stop and take another look down that tunnel and see that there was a light. A light of shining hope.

I believe that there is always a light of shining hope at the end of the tunnel......always

John 14: 15-17a
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. He is the Spirit of truth.

John 14: 25-26
"I have spoken these things to you while I remain wit you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit the Father will send Him in My name-will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you."

John 14: 27
"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.

Always have peace knowing that THERE IS A SHINING LIGHT OF HOPE at the end of the tunnel.

Heavenly Father, You are all-knowing and all-powerful. You know every decision I need to make and every challenge I face. Please forgive me for the times that I try to figure this life out on my own. I need You. I need Your Holy Spirit to give me strength, wisdom, and direction, specifically concerning ______________. (you know what is in my heart as others have things in their hearts)

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment