Friday, February 2, 2018

The "Plated" experience


Plated is one of those meal planning services that you can have everything you need, fresh and ready for you to cook with a recipe card and all.  Its neat and the idea is great but its rather costly.  I was able to enjoy the service for 5 meals due to my boss at work making a mistake in his delivery time.  He goes back and forth to Phoenix and Flagstaff, every other week between the two businesses.  He scheduled his service to deliver the week he was going to be in Phoenix.  He called the office at work, I answered the (because thats what I do lol) and he said that he had an odd question to ask.  Then he asked if I would be willing to go to his house to pick up the box and take it home and cook and enjoy the meals that were inside the box.  I was surprised and excited and said sure I would do that.  

There were 5 meals in the box.  I ended up cooking three out of the 5 meals.  I have to say it was fun!  It also was great to come home and pull out the bundle of ingredients right from the fridge, ready to go and then prepare and cook it.  I didn't have to go to the store, I didn't have to plan it.  It was great!  I felt like a real "chef" lol.....I learned new techniques to prepare the food or chop and item.  I learned new ways to combine different seasonings to get an amazing flavor in the dish.

This was the first one I made.  I even "plated" it before serving it to the kids.  I liked this one the most and the kids didn't mind it.



The last two the kids were not very fond of but they tried it at least and that made me happy.  The meals were a little on what I would say the "fancy" side.   It was wasn't your normal idea of an every day meal for a family.  I did enjoy trying the new recipes.

Well I helped out being able to enjoy the service for that week but I it did wear me out too.....all that actual cooking :)

I enjoyed and would love to take advantage of a service like that but it is expensive so its not something I can do at this stage in my life.  I recommend trying it out if you can, even if its just a one time gift to yourself go for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment