Tuesday, November 29, 2011

When its hard to stand on my own

There are times Lord when I feel like I can't keep moving forward in the way you have asked me too.  I feel lonely and defeated.  I feel like giving up, tossing in the towel and calling it done!  I don't feel that I have the strength needed to carry on any longer.  I'm only one person.  I don't get the response I need, I don't feel loved back.  My faith isn't enough to carry it all on.  There are times I want to run and hide.  To walk away and move on.  But I have found that when I get down and out feeling all those things, and questioning are the very moments that I oddly enough feel the strongest.  The moments I can stand up again and keep moving forward.  The moments that I feel strong in my faith and don't want to give up.  Those are the moments that You bring me through.  Those are the moments that you give me the words to say, the thoughts to carry out the next action.  The moments that you carry me in your hands as you are with me during each trial, or storm that I find myself in.  Those are the moments that you are not far, you are there, listening and helping me stand strong to carry on the right things that should be.  Thank you so much Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment