Friday, May 31, 2024

An Update on Diving into the Dating Pool

I'd like to share some updates on my experience with online dating. After my last post, I decided to change my approach. I've reduced the number of men I'm communicating with on the app and am now only chatting with two. One of the men is consistent in his communication, while the other is more sporadic.

I've met one of these men for dinner twice already. Although our conversations are engaging and I feel comfortable around him, I don't sense any romantic chemistry. It seems more like a budding friendship than a potential relationship. I believe he might be interested in more, so I know I'll need to have an honest conversation with him soon to clarify that I only see us as friends.

As for the other man, we've planned to meet the next time I visit my mom. However, as the date approaches, I'm feeling unsure about it. I'm not sure if I'm truly interested in pursuing this meet-up, but I'll see how I feel when the time comes.

Lately, I haven't felt the urge to engage with new matches. Even though I clicked on one man this morning, it's been over a week since I've shown interest in anyone new. I've been clicking 'X' on profiles, rejecting potential matches regardless of whether they seem a good fit. This hesitation makes me question whether I'm ready to continue online dating.

This experience has taught me more about what I want and don't want in a relationship. It's okay to take a step back and reassess my readiness for dating. I may need more time to focus on myself before diving into the dating pool. For now, I'm content with the connections I've made, even if they don't lead to romance.




No comments:

Post a Comment