Sunday, March 20, 2011

Only You

I was out with Kyle & Sara today and a song came on the radio.  It was a song that reminded me of someone who wasn't very nice to my family and taught me a hard tough lesson in life.  I listened to the song as if I was trying to study it or critique it.  As I examined the song I drifted a little into the past.  Despite the emotions that were arising with the memory I felt reassured knowing that I wouldn't ever feel the feelings that I had gone through with that lesson again. (feelings of lost, seeking approval of others to be happy, dependent upon what the outside could bring in)

I'm so thankful that there is only You now Lord.  You are the only one I seek to be happy and fulfilled.  I only see your joy and love.  You have taken over my life so nothing else matters.  That with You only I'm alright and need nothing more.  I should only be dependent on You only Lord.  It had been a costly lesson to learn back then but a gentle reminder today.  Thank you Lord for consuming my heart, soul and mind.

Lord, you are my shepherd.  I trust You to provide everything I need and I want.  I want to follow You all the days of my life.
 
2 Cor 12:9-10
9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment